A workshop for yoga teachers, mothers, yoga students, pregnant women and women who are keen to restore their pelvic floor muscles!
This workshop offers a comprehensive exploration of the pelvic floor and a practical application of pelvic floor enlivening, awareness and restoration.
In the first half of the workshop we will cover the anatomy of the pelvic floor and gain a clear understanding of these important but often neglected muscles that contribute so much to our health and wellbeing. In the second half, we will engage in a practical and experiential session to embody the correct movement and understanding of these muscles.
In Chinese Medicine these muscles are known as 'the muscles of longevity'. In Daoist philosophy, they provide us with a means to access greater levels of vitality. Yet every day, women are at risk of compromising these muscles without realising it. Especially during exercise and yoga classes. Find out how to explore, restore and protect the pelvic floor.
Bring your sisters, daughters, aunties and grandmothers! This workshop caters to all stages and abilities.
Who is this workshop for?
- yoga teachers who would like to learn how to cue and safely manage women's bodies in their yoga classes to protect the pelvic floor
- women who have been experiencing issues with their pelvic floor such as incontinence, pelvic pain and pelvic dysfunction
- pregnant or post partum women to support pregnancy and pelvic floor recovery postpartum
Benefits of workshop
- greater levels of vitality and energy
- improved continence
- better posture
- safer natural movement patterns
- elevated awareness and connection to your power centre and core support
- reduced back pain
- less risk of pelvic organ prolapse (POP) and pelvic floor dysfunction
- support to reverse mild prolapse and reduce incontinence for greater bladder capacity
When: Saturday, 7 March | 2-5.30 pm